Trinity High Class of 75 Reunion - 30 years (yikes!)
a great class we were! Even
though most of us haven't been in contact with each other,
it doesn't mean that we don't have fond memories. Heck,
you may not be anything like the kid your classmates remember
you as - or maybe you are - it's all good. Here is
the scoop ...
Postcard Mailed out May 1st / 2nd reminder
WHEN IS THE REUNION and I want details . . .
January 20, 2010
"Our Band" has been practicing...great songs to groove to plus a few surprises!
Saturday, July 2nd, 2005 4-8 PM
Mamma Llama and The Art Gallery
(Old Van Matre's building in downtown Weaverville) Location Map
- Snack foods will be provided. Drinks
will be available at Mamma Llama's. Wine will be
available for purchase - the $$ will go towards the
LAPP Pool fund.
- Come casual - we are a simple (did I say "minded") folk! (don't bother with trying to lose those few extra pounds, wash away those greys, or learn a second language -come as you are!)
THE REUNION (unscripted) PLAN:
1. 4:00 - Meet your fellow classmates at Mamma Llama!
2. After the
greeting, Welcome - at the bandstand
3. Aimee Fackerell Nolte will sing the school song at 4:00ish
4. In Memory of our classmates that passed before us
5. 4:30 - Group photo outside, meet at north wall of old
Morris Hardware building on the deck
Strike up the band! Casey Kelly & Group
6. 5:00 - Our Band starts up - Pat Karch, Casey Kelly and
John Hubbell will rock the downtown! Surprises too!
(we will update the event schedule as we go along so check back)
This is also "Art
Cruise Night" around town and there will be lots
of other people in the community wandering around town
that we can visit with. We will not have the place exclusively
to ourselves. If you have any artwork you would like
to bring (hang or display), please do! You need to get
the piece to Gail by June 30th. Also, please let
us know if you will be submitting
PLEASE LET US KNOW ASAP IF YOU PLAN ON COMING (or not) so we can get a head count! Thanks.
Once we get together,
we can meet up for more fun over the 4th.... yoga, bowling,
picnicking, walking, just sitting & gabbing, cruising the main drag, destruction
derby, rodeo, dunking the cheerleaders at the dunk tank,
catch pollywogs, visiting the Diggin's...
HOW MUCH $$
SEND IN NOW, please.
(please RSVP if you are or aren't coming so we can get a count)
Please make the checks out to:
Jan Hazen, 9401 Homestead Trail, Anchorage, Alaska 99507
NOTE: Write "Class of 1975" on the subject line of your check.
This cost pays for the poo poos (food, etc.).
Anything left over will be donated to the LAPP fund.
Read Gail's Trinity Journal Article
If you had a good financial year, we are encouraging everyone in the Class of 1975 to make a donation to the Lowden Aquatic Pool Fund. Please bring your checkbook or mail check to the below address. Cut backs have caused the community to think about doing away with keeping the pool open in the future. After all, the communities that we grew up in, helped keep us out of trouble. What would we have done without the pool ... it gave us a place to fry on hot pavement, learn how to belly flop, experience wedgies after the swan dive, learn what a cannon ball was, wear one of those full pedal bathing caps, having Mr. Peter's blow the whistle at you for running while being chased by a cute girl...all for a dime!
PLEASE CONTRIBUTE TODAY: Those interested in supporting the Lowden Aquatic Park Project (LAPP) project can mail their checks with “THS Class of Year” on the information line to Lowden Aquatic Park Project (LAPP), P.O. Box 2881, Weaverville CA 96093. Questions or wanting to help in other ways, email Lisa Preschel at email@example.com. ALSO: Classmates who grew up swimming in creeks, rivers and lakes are sending their financial support to the J. J. Jackson Museum to fund a new display building for forestry and agricultural equipment (Trinity County Historical Society (TCHS), P.O. Box 333, Weaverville CA 96093).
Donations to both LAPP and TCHS are tax deductible.
Pat Karch has agreed to put a band together to play at the bandstand on July 2nd (maybe Casey Kelly's). If you have some extra cash for that, send it along with your $30 check to Jan. Reminder that reunion checks are due NOW, payable to Jan Hazen, information line says Class of 1975, 9401 Homestead, Trail, Anchorage AK 99507. THANK YOU GANG!
We are still looking for the following classmates! If you have an email, phone number or address, please let us know. Thanks!
Kim Addington, Becky Cardwell, Marie Cobb, Steve Cockburn, Louis Collier, Toby Duncan, Rocklan Gile, Chris Gregory, Pat Hodge, Gay Hoffman, Rick Huffman, Jim Maasen, Norma Leavell, Sue Leitzell, Susan Minden, Dave Pardo, Joyce Peterson, Marilyn Purdue, Ana Rodriquez, Bill Schlabach, Dennis Straub, Michelle Sullivan, Laurin Taylor, Jamie Thomas, Cindy Trull, Matt Young PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU KNOW WHERE OUR FOLKS ARE
SEND US YOUR BIO YET ?
Feel free to fill it out and fax it, mail it or submit it online by June 25th otherwise we may not get it before we go to print! Feel free to fill in all or just part of it. SEND US YOUR INFO (We will have a binder put together for everyone to browse at the reunion). SEND LOTS OF YOUR PHOTOS for us to post too.
Bring Photos to the reunion !
Write your name on the back - we will have a place set up to view them!
ELSE ? There is also the
Classes Reunion" at Lowden Park Saturday
July 2nd from 2-4 PM. So
you see, you can dedicate your full day to visit classmates
of all ages!ACCOMODATION INFORMATION: Bookings can be heavy for the 4th of July weekend so start now. Here is a list of hotels you can call to check for availability:
HOTELS and B&B
- Indian Creek Lodge, Douglas City 6-530-623-6294
- Rivergold Cottage, Douglas City 530-623-5968
- Lakeview Terrace Resort, Lewiston 800-286-4441Lewiston Hotel 530-778-3823 Lewiston Valley Motel 530-778-3942 Old Lewiston Inn (B&B) 530-778-3414 Lewiston Inn 530-778-3385
- Trinity River Lodge RV Park 530-778-3791
Trinity Lake Area:
- Pinewood Cove (RV, Cabins, Campground) 530-286-2201
- Trinity Lake Resort 800-255-5561
- AmeriHost Inn 530-722-9100Best Western 800-528-1234Redding River Inn 800-995-4341Howard Johnson Express Inn 530-223-1935Comfort Inn 530-221-6530Oxford Suites 530-221-0100Red Lion Hotel 530-221-8700Ramada Limited 530-246-2222Hilton Garden Inn 530-226-5111Holiday Inn 530-221-7500
- Redding Bed & Breakfast 530-222-2494
CAMPGROUNDS and/or RV PARKS
- Bigfoot Campground Junction City 530-623-6088Del Loma RV Park, Big Bar 530-623-2834 Fishtail Inn, Big Flat 530-623-5901Grover's Gulch, Big Bar 530-623-4203 Old Lewiston Bridge RV Resort, Lewiston 530-778-3894 Coffee Creek Campground, Trinity Center 530-266-3534 Pine Cove Marina (RV), Lewiston 530-778-3770 Hodge Management, Trinity & Lewiston Lake, 530-283-2666 Sydney Gulch RV Park, Weaverville 530-623-6621 River Oaks Resort, Lewiston 530-778-0220 Estrellita Marina & RV Park, Trinity Center 530-286-2215 Zieglers Mobile Home and RV Park, Lewiston 800-566-5266 BLM Junction City Campground, Junction City BLM Douglas City Campground, Douglas City
- BLM Steel Bridge Campground, Douglas City Rush Creek Campground, Weaverville USFS Campgrounds
- Wyntoon Resort (RV, Campbround), Trinity Lake 800-715-3337
Want to take a cool drive up here?
Classmates who want to show their families more of the county may consider coming in on Hwy 36 from Red Bluff or the coast. See Hayfork's splendid fireworks display and concert on:
Friday, July 1st
Hayfork Town Park, 10PM
"Universal Blues Society" Concert-TC Fairgrounds- (530) 628-5223
Those who attend this annual event awe-struck by another Trinity County town that pulls off a tremendous event! Hayfork's small business, Boom Boom Productions, shows it has world class talent!!
We have lost a few of our classmates.
We miss them and thank them for being a part of us. Daisy Beem
Beverly Radford Karch
They will be remembered at our reunion.